Monday, August 15, 2011

LOL WHUT

Well. This is the fun part about never keeping up with a blog. A month goes by - or a year or two - and suddenly everything is different.

1. I'm sitting at my desk in a law office, because I'm the secretary. One of two, but who cares, I'm employed. We split the work week.

2. I'm still on my healthy lifestyle kick and the last time I stepped on a scale I was 113.

3. I. Am. Happy.

Ha, happy. I don't even remember the last time I was this happy.

And I can't even pinpoint a single stand-out factor for this newfound happiness. I mean, there are quite a few, and they're each equally fantastic.

Some of my little nuggets of joy have yet to pan out entirely, but they're there, making me smile and float through what remains of summer.

I'm not worrying about school. The GRE I can take at any time, applications for next fall aren't due until next July, and it's not even my top priority. I like school and I like learning and of course I'd love to have a graduate degree in something fancy but at this point I'm using grad school as a reason to travel. Which probably isn't the best, but I don't much care.

So, for now, I work here as a secretary (I have ink all over my fingers), I tend to my new vegetable/herb garden, I babysit my niece and nephew, I bake excessively, and I enjoy the company of loved ones.

So before my bosses come back from court to find me blogging, I'll return to filing documents in a 10 lb case folder (1 case out of oh, 30 open cases) and do my best to appear clerical.

I seriously can't stop smiling.

~<3

No comments: